Food for thought
Entertain The Night Before Or The Day After
The dining room can be used to host a dinner for family and close friends the night before. Reviver lunch the next day? Barbeques, Hog Roasts and traditional Sunday Lunch Roasts are always popular the day after the wedding.
Weather permitting, this would take place outside in the gardens and if it’s raining, we can use the hall, dining room and drawing room in the main house for the drinks reception. We would typically serve Champagne, Prosecco and homemade elderflower Bellinis, Bertha's Revenge Gin cocktails and pints are dispensed from the 1950's caravan in the garden. We will also put up a small marquee on the lawn, as it will give shade to your guests if it’s hot and sunny or protection from the rain if it’s wet. We would dislpay the wedding cake under the tent.
We have an extensive and eclectic selection of wines available and we have gone to a great deal of trouble to select high quality wines offering excellent value for money. To view our wine list, please click here for white wines and here for red wines. Guests are also welcome to bring their own wine and a corkage fee would apply. This would cover receiving, storing, sorting, chilling the wines, disposing of the empties, wine glasses and wine service throughout the wedding.
From Canapés to Hog Roasts...
The menus vary with seasonal, fishing and weather conditions. All our ingredients are sourced locally from artisan food producers, where possible they are organic and we grow a huge amount of our own vegetables and fruit in our walled garden. We rear our own Saddleback, Glouscester Old Spot and Duroc pigs and have a flock of free-range hens that produce fantastic eggs for breakfast and baking. We are mad-keen foragers as well. We buy our beef and lamb from McGrath Butchers in Lismore, Bacon from Caherbeg Free-Range Pork in Rosscarbery, Seafood comes from O'Connell's in the English Market in Cork or Ballycotton Seafood. We have a driven shoot at Ballyvolane House and game is often on the menu during the winter months. We are lucky being located in Cork as there is an abundance of fantastic artisan food producers nearby.
Sample Hot & Cold Pass Around Canapes @ €15 per person
Hot & Cold Pass Around Canapes @ €15 Per Person (please choose 4 of the following)
- Homemade duck liver parfait, apple-raisin chutney on toast (cold)
- House-cured West Cork organic salmon and crème fraiche, chives on blinis (cold)
- Selection of Irish cured meats with pickles (cold)
- Courgette and St. Tola goat’s cheese (v) (cold)
- Spicy mini fish cakes with sweet chilli sauce (hot)
- Gubbeen chorizo on sautéed potato with sour cream (hot)
- Chicken satay skewers, spicy peanut sauce (hot)
- Antipasti selection (v) (cold)
- Pea, broad bean, garlic bruschetta (v) (warm)
- Tomato, basil, garlic bruschetta (v) (warm)
Main Meal @ €80 Per Person
The main meal consists of a traditional sit-down meal to a more informal meal such as hog roast (whole piggy slow roasted on a spit over a log fire). Please find a sample menu for the summertime below. We offer seasonal variations to this menu as well. Special children’s menus are available. Needless to say we are happy to accommodate any special dietary requirements such as vegetarians, vegans, coeliac and allergy sufferers. A dining experience will be arranged for the bride and groom in advance of the big day.
Midnight Munchies @ €8 Per Person
We normally serve up Bacon Blaas (floury baps from Barron's Bakery in Co. Waterford) and we do cheese & chutney for the non-meat eaters. We would also serve the wedding cake at this time. This goes down a treat with the guests. If you would rather have a more elaborate midnight buffet feast, we would be happy to offer this option too. The quantity we normally prepare is for half the group i.e. if you have 120 guests, we would serve blaas for 60 people.
Please choose 1 soup, 1 hot starter, 1 cold starter/salad to share. These will be served on large platters and placed in the centre of the table for everyone to share. Please choose 1 soup and 1 hot starter and 1 cold starter.
- Roast tomato & basil soup (v)
- Chilled gazpacho soup (v)
- Walled garden soup (v)
- Potted mackerel with poached gooseberries, Arbutus sourdough toast
- Bertha's Revenge Gin cured salmon gravlax, cucumber pickle, dill-mustard sauce
- Helvic crabmeat with radish and garden herbs
- Chicken liver parfait with Cox's pippen jelly and Arbutus sourdough toast
- Beetroot & goat's cheese mousse with root vegetable crisps
- Heirloom tomatoes, West Cork mozzarella, mirco basil, balsamic vinegar
- Summer leaves with nectarines, chorizo, roast almonds, feta cheese
- Roast beetroot, beetroot hummus, beef leaves, Ardsallagh goats cheese, roast heazelnuts
Please choose 1 main course, which will be served in large plates for the entire table to share. There is also a vegetarian option available for the non-meat lovers.
- Roast sirloin of Irish beef, sauce Béarnaise & watercress
- Slow roast rib of Irish beef with sweet potato mash & red wine jus
- Skeaghanore duck breast, sour cherry sauce, carrot puree
- Porchetta - Slow cooked shoulder of pork with lemon sage garlic, thyme & rosemary served gremolata, olive oil cannellini beans
- Bertram Salters free range roast chicken with oea, mint, crispy bacon in a beurre blanc with wilted little gem lettuce
- Roast rack of lamb with a parsley & breadcrumb crust, mashed potato with soft herbs
- Roast fillet of beef, red wine jus, watercress & cerleriac piree (Euro6.50 supplement)
For the non-meat lovers…
- Roast butternut squash with caponata, feta cheese
- Roasted buuternut with feta cheese & almond stiffing, roast pepper & chilli sauce
All main courses are served with potatoes, seasonal vegetables and dressed mixed leaf salad all grown in our walled- garden during the growing season.
Please choose 1 pudding, which will be served in large plates for everyone to share.
- Dark chocolate tart with slated caramel
- Eton Mess
- Summer berry trifle
- Lemon souffle with softly whipped cream, redcurrants
- Pavlova with summer berries & whipped cream
- Deconstructed cheese cake, crispy katafi, vanilla cream cheese, blueberries, roast almonds and honey
Selection of local artisan cheeses
Loose leaf tea, Maher's coffee, fresh herb infusion
NO SERVICE CHARGE APPLICABLE (v) vegetarian (n) contains nuts