We have six rooms in the main house and all have magnificent views of the gardens and surrounding countryside. All the bedrooms are large, the beds are comfy and some of the bathrooms have enormous antique bathtubs. All the rooms are equipped with Nespresso machines, old-fashioned Bush radios, wi-fi internet access, homemade garden fruit cordials, a jar of homemade chocolate biscuits, as well as fluffy towels and bathrobes and Orla Kiely bathroom products.
Three of the bedrooms can be set up as either twin or double rooms and three are permanent double rooms. Extra beds and cots can be accommodated if needed.
- For more details, see our bedrooms page
We now offer a 'glamping' option in the form of bell tents for our wedding guests from May to September. We have luxurious bell tents and a Glamping Arc (a bigger pig arc for humans). Each guest will be given a 'glamping box' on arrival containing essentials such as matches, water, homemade elderflower cordial, a jar of homemade chocolate cookies, maps of the estate and a torch. The bell tents are fully kitted out with raised timber beds, super-comfy mattresses made by the Natural Mat Company. The mattresses are stuffed with recycled jeans and organic lamb's wool and covered with washable cotton ticking. The beds will be made up with proper cotton sheets, pillows, duvets, and blankets. Towels will be provided. A tea-light chandelier will hang from the centre pole to provide light and heat, and the tents will be furnished with bed-side tables, chairs, coir carpet and ample lighting. You can actually stand upright inside the tents.
Full Irish breakfast will be served the next morning at 10.30am (just one sitting) on wooden trestle tables in the gardens or in the barn if it's raining. Luxurious loos and showers are located adjacent to the camping area. Please note 'check-in' time is 3pm and 'check-out' time is 12noon. If you are planning on arriving early on the day of the wedding, there is lots of room in the shower/loo block to get ready before the wedding and they are furnished with mirrors, good lighting, clothes-hooks and we have hair-dryers. We promise a fantastic and warm night's sleep in a stunning, quiet, country house garden setting.
When you book your wedding with us you have the exclusive use of all 6 bedrooms in the main house.
- Ballyvolane House (6 rooms) sleeps 12 people (plus 4 extra fold-away beds if needed).
Please note there is a minimum two nights stay for all weekend weddings. There are no minimum stay restrictions on week nights (Tuesdays & Wednesdays only). The accommodation rates include full Irish breakfast, which is available both mornings until 12 noon for your guests.
Check in time is 3pm on the day of your arrival and check out time is 12 noon on the day of your departure.
RECENT AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- One Fab Day 100 Best Wedding Venues in Ireland 2017
- The Telegraph's '50 Most Romantic Hotels in Europe' Feb 2017
- Georgina Campbell's Ireland 'Outstanding Guest Experience Award 2017'
- The Good Hotel Guide 2017 'Editor's Choice Garden' Award
- The Good Hotel Guide 2017 'Editor's Choice Romantic' Award
- The Gin Guide Awards 2017 'Gin Innovation for Bertha's Revenge Gin'
- International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC) Bronze Medal 2016 for Bertha's Revenge Gin
- Bertha's Revenge Gin 'Drink of the Year 2016' John & Sally McKennas' Megabites Awards
- The Good Hotel Guide Editor's Choice Award 2015 & 2016 'Fishing Hotel'
- Gold Medal Award 'Ireland's Guest Experience' 2015
- John & Sally McKennas' 100 Best Places to Stay in Ireland
- No.1 Spot in Sunday Times Top 10 Most Charismatic Hotels in Ireland 2015 by Susan D'Arcy
- Bronze Medal for our Seville Orange Marmalade in The World's Original Marmalade Awards 2015
- Gold Medal Awards 'Field to Fork' 2015
- Lonely Planet Traveller Magazine 2014 - Orla Kiely chooses Ballyvolane House as 'the most beautiful place on earth'
- Irish Winner of the Sunday Times 'Ultimate 100 British and Irish Hotels 2013'
- Good Food Ireland Winner 'Most Innovative Award' 2011-2012
- Karen Brown’s Ireland Readers’ Choice Award 2010 - ‘Most Romantic Hotel’
- Georgina Campbell’s Ireland - ‘Family Destination of the Year 2011
- Georgina Campbell’s Ireland - ‘Country House of the Year 2009’
- Georgina Campbell’s Ireland - ‘Irish Breakfast Award Country House Category 2009’
- The Good Hotel Guide 2009 César Award ‘Irish Heritage Home of the Year’
- The Bridgestone 100 Best Places to Stay 2012
- Read reviews and articles about Ballyvolane here.
Recommended list of accommodation providers nearby
- Please click here to see the full list of accommodation providers in the local area.