Where to find us
Ballyvolane House is located in East County Cork in southern Ireland between the townlands of Britway and Castlelyons, close to the market towns of Fermoy, Midleton and Tallow and also within a short distance of Cork, Irelands' second city.
Longitude : -8.185501
The scenic Bride and Blackwater Valleys provide a haven for anglers, walkers, golfers, horse-riders, garden-lovers and sightseers. Blarney, Cork City, Fota Island, Kilkenny, Kinsale, Lismore, Rock of Cashel and Waterford Crystal, the Ring of Kerry and the Dingle Peninsula can all easily be explored on day trips from Ballyvolane.
Please phone for pad details. Our co-ordinates are:
N 52º 03.337´
W 008º 11.193´
Cork international airport is 35 mins drive from Ballyvolane and is served by many airports in mainland Europe and the UK. The US and rest of the world are served from Shannon (1.45 hrs drive) and Dublin (2.5 hrs drive).
The closest train stations are in Cork and Mallow. See www.irishrail.ie for timetables.
The only way to make the last leg of the journey to Ballyvolane and to fully experience the Irish countryside in general is by car. There are local taxi companies based in Fermoy and all the major car hire companies, such as Car Rentals Ireland (for visitors from the USA), Budget, Hertz, Avis, Irish car rentals, Alamo/National and Nova are located at Cork airport.
Directions FROM CORK
- Take the M8 north towards Dublin. Go through Toll plaza and take 1st exit off motorway for Rathcormac [ R639 ].
- Before Rathcormac at River Bride, turn right towards Midleton & Tallow [ R626 ].
- Take next left towards Tallow after 0.5 miles [ R628 ].
- Take 2nd turn right towards Dungourney at crossroads after 2 miles.
- Take next left towards Britway after 0.5 miles.
- Ballyvolane House is about 0.5 miles from the last turn on the right.
Directions FROM DUBLIN
- If you bypass Fermoy, take 1st exit off the M8 toll road for Rathcormac [R639].
- After Rathcormac at River Bride, turn left towards Midleton & Tallow [ R626 ].
- Follow instructions (as from Cork) above.
- Ballyvolane House is signposted at each turn from the R639 which is a distance of about 4 miles.
|Cork||35 km / 30 mins||[ airport / ferry terminal / train ]|
|Dublin||257 km / 3 hours||[ airport / ferry terminal / train ]|
|Shannon||80 km / 1.45 hours||[ airport ]|
|Rosslare||177 km / 2 hours||[ ferry terminal / train ]|
|Midleton||16 km / 20 mins||[ market town ]|
|Fermoy||12 km / 15 mins||[ market town ]|
|Mallow||40 miles / 1 hour||[ market town / train ]|
- Stena Line: Rosslare - Fishguard / Dublin - Hollyhead / Dun Laoghaire - Hollyhead / Belfast - Stranraer / Larne - Fleetwood
- Irish Ferries: Rosslare - Pembroke / Dublin - Hollyhead / Rosslare - Cherbourg / Rosslare - Roscoff
- P&O Irish Sea: Dublin - Liverpool / Larne - Troon / Larne - Cairnryan
- Brittany Ferries: Cork - Roscoff
- Norse Merchant: Belfast - Liverpool / Belfast - Heysham / Dublin - Liverpool / Dublin - Heysham
- IOM Steam Packet: Dublin - Douglas / Douglas - Liverpool / Belfast - Douglas / Douglas - Heysham